Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can anyone help ID this Type I stock?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can anyone help ID this Type I stock?
    Posted: May 03 2022 at 6:23pm
The letters F and T are really throwing me off. Keep scrolling.

There is absolutely no hint of a stamping on the right side of the butt stock. However, there is evidence of some light sanding around the buttplate area. Perhaps the cartouche was sanded off. OR... I read where some of these very early RO made stocks did not have any stampings on the right side. I don't know which this is.

There is a RRA-C rebuild stamp on the right side just forward of recoil plate. I can't find a reference to the 'C' at the end of this stamp. Anyone know?....

Also, the proof P on the wrist is in a square rather than a circle. It is also accompanied by what looks like the letter Z. This might be a clue to its orgin......I can't find anything about it.

Thanks for any help. 
"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2022 at 6:34pm
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2022 at 6:39pm
Thanks, Wayne.
Now I need an early .U. carbine to put it on. LOL
Thanks again and be well.
Reed
"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2022 at 10:18am
Yes, it would have had a an acceptance stamp out of the Underwood facility
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2022 at 10:20am
Obviously sanded off during RRA rebuild. Too bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply