FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question on RMC-B stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
john843 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john843 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question on RMC-B stock
    Posted: Mar 02 2022 at 6:53am
Thanks for the info, David. I realized the finish was more recent but would not have guessed that it had been sanded enough to remove the cartouche. In person, the stamping remnant looks JUST like a dark smudge in the wood. The more I learn about carbines, the less I trust my judgement. I have another RMC replacement stock that has been sanded to high heaven (1/8th" to 3/16th" protrusion of the magwell all around) and probably shouldn't have used it for a comparison:)

Thanks,
John
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2022 at 6:59am
It's one of many stocks RMC sent IBM and has been sanded along with highwood being removed. You can still see the remnants of the IBM ordnance acceptance stamp on right side of butt. Letters on the bottom of pistol grip is not uncommon on stocks used by IBM; probably inspection mark.

See example here.
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/rmc-b-stock_topic4766.html

floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2022 at 5:32pm
I have a solid IO high-wood if you need another. Has some character marks, but solid with no rebuild markings.
john843 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john843 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2022 at 5:24pm
here are some pics of the stock.

https://imgur.com/gallery/enX6T90

John
john843 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john843 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2022 at 4:51pm
I recently purchased a carbine (2.9 Inland) from a member here that came in an I-cut, low wood stock marked RMC B in the slingwell but with no cartouche or other marking other than a small "7" (or maybe a "Z" with poor penetration on the bottom horizontal line) on the heel of the pistol grip where a proof P would normally be. The stock is in excellent condition and does not, to my eye look to have been sanded at all. I was wondering if it is a Rock-Ola replacement stock destined to IBM. I'm trying to get an idea of what it is exactly and it's value as I've put the 2.9 Inland in a type 2 high wood OI and will probably move this one.
Thanks,
John
 Post Reply Post Reply