Federal Ordinance 30 rnd. mags

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Federal Ordinance 30 rnd. mags
    Posted: Oct 28 2021 at 12:10pm
I have been researching the commercial items and have been trying to obtain items in the packaging.

I have seen FO packaged 15 round magazines that were in the waxed cloth wrap. It was possibly a USGI magazine that they repackaged.

The 30 round magazines are most likely repackaged commercial magazines or magazines they had made.
I would be interested in the features of those magazines. If several can be found in packaging, from different sources we may be able to determine this information.
john843 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john843 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2021 at 9:11am
Didn't see one out of the clear plastic bag they were in. The bags were very much commercial looking (and old) with Federal Ordinance's logo and product info description printed on them. Looked kind of like an old version of how some Pro-Mags are packaged in a clear plastic sleeve-bag. Should have tried to see the back of the mag itself but was getting a decent deal on an M4 and some USGI 15 rounders and wasn't paying enough attention:(

John
carbinekid View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2021 at 8:45am
I have never heard of 30rd mags made by Federal Ord. How were the mags marked? 
john843 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john843 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2021 at 7:44pm
I was at a show this weekend and one of the two tables that had anything Carbine-related had several Federal Ordinance 30 rounders. I was aware that there are Fed. Ord. carbines out there from the 60's and that they used a proprietary bbl. and receiver along with mostly(?) USGI parts but was not aware of their mags. Does anyone know how they stack up quality wise to USGI. I did not pick up any of them since I'm not overly fond of shooting the 30's and have a couple of KCI'S that have worked flawlessly the few times I have shot them. I want to say he was asking $25 each, may have been $20 though.

Thanks,
John
 Post Reply Post Reply