Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Cheers or Jeers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

US M4 Bayonets F/S at Midway

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US M4 Bayonets F/S at Midway
    Posted: May 02 2018 at 10:23pm
Midway is selling various grades of US made Conetta or Bren-Dan M4 Bayonets.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020132226/military-surplus-m4-bayonet-with-scabbard
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2018 at 6:08am
Good heads-up.  The description says "They come wrapped in the original corrosion inhibiting paper, placed inside a cardboard box and sealed in plastic for the longest possible shelf life." with nothing of differences in Grade 1, 2 or 3. I wonder if its just how bad the box is beat up and nothing to do with the bayo's condition? May go for a Grade 3 just to see.
Thanks
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2018 at 2:26pm
Received the 5 bayonets that I ordered from Midway, including the 67 dated collectors pack, both bayonets were NOS in plastic sealed boxes and manufactured by Conetta. The scabbards that came with the collectors pack were packed 2 per sealed box that was also dated 1967. I also ordered a grade 1 which came in a 71 dated box, this bayonet is also a NOS Conetta. The big surprise was the grade 2 that I received, looks brand new, was not in a box, but it is manufactured by Imperial. The grade 3 I received is also a Conetta, looks new with the exception of some scuffs on the grip and a little rust on the scabbard. Really happy with my overall purchase, very hard to tell any difference between the 3 grades.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2018 at 8:02pm
Not tooting a horn for Midway, but they have dropped the price on the Italian bayonets to $29.99. I had to snare one as a what-the-heck sort of thing. Mine was definitely a Grade-1 built in 1957. These are very good quality and my M8A1 scabbard is used, but in very good shape including a metal tip-guard. We know these are commercial copies and it is what it is, but this is a good one for 30-bucks...just sayin'
 Post Reply Post Reply