The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors > Displays and Museums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rock-Ola Time Capsule - Huntsville, AL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rock-Ola Time Capsule - Huntsville, AL
    Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 3:13am
Alabama Military Collectors Association
Huntsville, Alabama
June 10-11, 2016

Cooper Kukendall's first carbine display at 8 years old. With guidance and support provided by Paul Imbragulio.

Sometimes we are so focused on the past and present we forget who is going to bare witness to this history in the future.

Congrats Cooper! Keep up the good work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Cooper at the 2021 Ohio Valley Military Society Show of Shows holding an NPM early 4,200,000 carbine.

Edited by sleeplessnashadow - Jul 25 2022 at 10:00pm
usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 8:59am
Great job Cooper!! You are the future, and others like you, of our hobby (addiction) in finding & collecting the M1 Carbine. See you at the next show.
Glenn
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 10:19am
Great presentation, doesin't necessarily have to be a large display to be a success.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

Niterace7 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niterace7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 12:33pm
Outstanding work Cooper!
Butsky View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 11:47pm
Bravo to this young lad. On his way to carrying on the tradition of honouring the M1 Carbine!!
kro1970 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kro1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2017 at 11:53pm
Great job Cooper. I hope my Grandson follows your lead.
Bubba-7 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubba-7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2019 at 9:38pm
With Adj rear sight and Type 2 band it would be a 6.20 but serial number on board is 620K.  Is that correct?
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2019 at 3:31am
Looks like a typo on the board, missing a digit. It is a Rock-Ola, not an Inland.
old59porsche View Drop Down
On Point
On Point
RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote old59porsche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2019 at 12:42pm
I have been informed that the sign company that printed the poster omitted a digit  in Cooper's serial number.
Retired Army Guy
PBICarbine View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBICarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2019 at 8:53pm
The serial number of Coopers ROCK-OLA is 6208908 the sign company left off the 9 in the serial number.
1234 here it comes

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2019 at 9:14pm
Really enjoy seeing young people particpating in carbine collecting. Not just holding one, but knowing one.

Anybody know the identity of the patches on his jacket?

And now for the big question:

3 years later, is Cooper still involved with carbines?
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBICarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2019 at 11:01pm
His jacket patches are from the 33rd Fighter Wing of the 58th Fighter Squadron Eglin AFB in Florida. They fly F 15 Eagles and had the most kills in Desert Storm. He is a collector and student of the M1 Carbine. He and I will be attending the SOS Military Show together this Feb. 2019 and he will have his MINT ROCK-OLA M1 Carbine with him. I gave him this rifle and helped him with his first display seen in this thread.  And yes he is interested with the production and history of these rifles. His father collects Military uniforms and his grandfather is a M1 Garand collector. He is a smart young man who is my Wingman call sign "WAR EAGLE".
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 7:01pm
Nice. Routinely get to see the 1st Fighter Wing and their F-22 Raptors putting on a show overhead. Hard to talk to others, but fun to watch.

Have yet to attend a large show, but there are a few on the list like the SOS.

Maybe someday...
LMTmonoMan View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by PBICarbine PBICarbine wrote:

His jacket patches are from the 33rd Fighter Wing of the 58th Fighter Squadron Eglin AFB in Florida. They fly F 15 Eagles and had the most kills in Desert Storm. He is a collector and student of the M1 Carbine. He and I will be attending the SOS Military Show together this Feb. 2019 and he will have his MINT ROCK-OLA M1 Carbine with him. I gave him this rifle and helped him with his first display seen in this thread.  And yes he is interested with the production and history of these rifles. His father collects Military uniforms and his grandfather is a M1 Garand collector. He is a smart young man who is my Wingman call sign "WAR EAGLE".

I'd like to come say hi, and check out Cooper's amazing Rockola in Feb. if your around. I think I will drive up from Birmingham to the show.

edit: NVM, I thought that show was in Huntsville, but I see it's in KY. Nonetheless I bet it's an awesome show. Hope you guys have a blast!

usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2022 at 9:31am
Just saw Cooper over the weekend. He's a great young man. Charlie & Tyler very proud of him in so many ways. And yes, Mr. Ruth will be sorely missed!!

Glenn
kro1970 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kro1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2022 at 10:05pm
I agree Glenn. Saw him in Louisville great kid. Couldn’t believe how much he’s grown. Mr. Ruth’s passing is a great loss to all collectors both now and in the future may he Rest In Peace knowing how much everyone thought of him.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBICarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2022 at 11:26pm
He is growing up fast
 Post Reply Post Reply