FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Garysguns.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
swamprat View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swamprat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garysguns.com
    Posted: Aug 14 2018 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by James Weaver James Weaver wrote:

I don't have a good camera available.  It seems like trying to get focus on the lettering just won't work.  In this case I relied on another member's pictures for reference and I also looked at pictures of the fake parts out there.  

There is an extremely generous member here who sent me a treasure trove of pictures of original carbines.  He must have a nice camera, too because the pictures are clear and excellent.

Anyway, Gary told me that was the only B-IP sight he had in his inventory.  He told me he had an Irwin-Pedersen bolt and firing pin.

who was this member? I need these pictures too, fake parts are becoming a big problem

thanks for the recommendation!
James Weaver View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Weaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2016 at 7:08am
I don't have a good camera available.  It seems like trying to get focus on the lettering just won't work.  In this case I relied on another member's pictures for reference and I also looked at pictures of the fake parts out there.  

There is an extremely generous member here who sent me a treasure trove of pictures of original carbines.  He must have a nice camera, too because the pictures are clear and excellent.

Anyway, Gary told me that was the only B-IP sight he had in his inventory.  He told me he had an Irwin-Pedersen bolt and firing pin.
James Weaver
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2016 at 7:44pm
Can you post some pics of the parts? B-IP sights are hard to find.
James Weaver View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Weaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2016 at 3:49pm
He's located in Oklahoma.
I recently purchased a B-IP sight and S'G' bolt.  The parts were original.  He was very knowledgeable and shipped the items promptly.
Also good about returning e-mails and telephone calls promptly.
James Weaver
 Post Reply Post Reply